Due to increasing demand for DAMSAT systems and services we are seeking a talented individual to lead and grow this area of our business.
About the role
You will have a proven track record of business development and sales of technical software and services. Experience of working in the asset management sector or UK water industry would be advantageous.
The role is based within our Floods & Water Management Group and reports to the Technical Director (Dams & Reservoirs). Duties will include:
- Through internal meetings with various technical staff, develop a thorough understanding of DAMSAT.
- Travel and present on DAMSAT capabilities/developments at conferences and networking events.
- Work with our marketing and communications department to develop and ‘own’ the DAMSAT marketing strategy. Provide ‘thought leadership’ text, interviews and social media posts/soundbites to support this strategy.
- Field initial inquiries about DAMSAT, demonstrating the highest level of customer care, consulting with technical colleagues where appropriate.
- Generate leads for DAMSAT systems and services, and associated research and consultancy opportunities. Track and maintain knowledge of the status of these at all times.
- In some cases, lead the preparation and submission of proposals for DAMSAT services, supported by technical staff where necessary.
- Carry out continuous market research, identifying areas for development, and building the internal business case for any R&D investment required for DAMSAT
- Identify external opportunities for R&D investment in DAMSAT.
- Plan and oversee the www.damsat.com website working with MarComms for technical support, and ensuring it is always relevant, up to date and client-focused.
- Develop a long term strategy and associated fully costed business plan for the future of DAMSAT, building on the current business plan as you see fit.
- Demonstrate how DAMSAT income is increasing over time.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in a suitably related subject, such as business studies, earth observation, civil engineering, geotechnical engineering
- A willingness to travel, network and present on DAMSAT at conferences and workshops
- Proven experience of successfully selling technical services or products (ideally for a new product or service)
- Experience of developing costed business plans and securing funding
- Confidence in public speaking, presenting, giving interviews
- Successful bid writing experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams;
- Excellent inter-personal and client liaison skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- A full UK driving licence and suitable vehicle for visiting client offices within the UK.
Further information about our company culture is found at https://www.hrwallingford.com/why-hr-wallingford including our approach to Diversity and Inclusion. Further information about the application process including flexible working, pre employment screening and sponsorship is found at https://www.hrwallingford.com/job-application-faqs.
Our excellent benefits package includes:
- Hybrid (office/home) working may be available for this role (currently being trialled)
- A defined contribution pension scheme with minimum 10% contribution from the employer (up to 15% with matched funding)
- Life insurance x 3 salary
- 25 days holiday, plus three days discretionary company holiday and eight bank holidays,
- Permanent health insurance (subject to eligibility rules).
- Flexible working hours which allows for additional leave to be taken subject to hours accrued and business needs
- Onsite restaurant, gym and nursery at our stunning Howbery Park campus on the banks of the river Thames in Oxfordshire.
- Active sports and social club.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
To apply, visit https://www.hrwallingford.com/careers/damsat-business-manager